The Dawkter's Wife - It's all champagne and caviar now … dahling

DailyQ

August 5, 2012

What has surprised you …

What has surprised you the most about your journey as a medical spouse?

1. My biggest surprise has been the adventures that we have experienced. I know I can sometimes get down on the lifestyle, but we have had the opportunity to truly see the world through the training process. I wouldn’t trade our experiences for anything!

Comment by ~me~ — August 5, 2012 @ 9:50 pm
  2. That we didn’t match at our #1 choice and it turned out to be the best thing that happened to us! We were so disappointed at first and now we really love where we are.

Comment by Emily — August 5, 2012 @ 11:26 pm
  3. On the whole other people are pretty supportive of “medical spouses” doing their own creative things separate to their husbands. I guess we will come across people who judge or don’t get what “we” are trying to do. “Dawkter’s wife” Doctor’s wife” or “Medical Spouse” call us what you will – but we are all trying to find our own paths on our journey while running the household and taking care of our families. I think having blog sites and creative websites are a good thing and my surprise is the judgement of others for doing this?

Comment by Sally — August 6, 2012 @ 1:06 pm
  4. Sally, I’m sorry that that happened. I’m happy to talk with you about it separate fro the blog hops.

Kris

Comment by ~me~ — August 6, 2012 @ 1:40 pm
  5. Surprise – how little residency programs do to nurture the families of their physicians. A happy wife, happy man, happy doctor, happy hospital. I would love to see support for families included in their programs.
    Jane @ From A Doctor’s Wife recently posted..Olympians My Profile

Comment by Jane @ From A Doctor's Wife — August 9, 2012 @ 9:33 am
  6. I agree! That was something that surprised me too. It extends into attendinghood, though you are now invited to attend more events.

You can visit medicalspouse.com/forums to connect with other resident spouses. At the end of the day, it’s up to us to take care of ourselves. It’s too bad programs can’t remember that a happy resident is a better resident … and that happiness also comes from home!

Comment by ~me~ — August 10, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.